5 Reasons to Embark on an Exciting Family Adventure in Branson
As you’re planning your next family vacation let Branson, MO make the top of your list. Branson is definitely one of the better midwest vacation destinations with so many things to do and see. Known for it’s country music and numerous lodging options, this Ozark community has a lot more to offer than most people think. Here are 5 reasons why vacationing in Branson is like embarking on an exciting family vacation.
- Branson Landing – This scenic boardwalk along a 1.5 mile stretch of the Taneycomo offers something for everyone and many things to do. There are retail shops galore. Shops include the famous Pro Bass Shop which is a big hit with sportsmen. There is also a vast array of restaurants to choose from to tempt your appetite. The famous hourly water fountain and fire show runs all day but is spectacular after dark.
- Silver Dollar City – Our 1880’s theme park has a lot to offer the entire family with multiple rides and other attractions. The rides offer adventure and excitement for kids and adults alike. Your entire family can also take a step back in time and watch actual craftsmen demonstrate those skills their ancestors needed to survive in the 1800s. And for those who enjoy exploring something different there is also Marvel cave. Along with their usual attractions Silver Dollar City also holds several special events throughout year sure to make your experience as much fun as it is unique.
- Titanic Museum – Most people have seen movies, or read about the Titanic that sank on its maiden voyage. But this museum will allow your family to step back in time and get to know some of the passengers and crew that actually traveled on this ill fated ship. When you enter the museum you get a boarding pass with the name of actual ship’s passenger, and as you go through and see artifacts that were on the ship and learn more about the voyage you begin to feel a connection with these people. By the end of your adventure you begin to feel connected to the passenger on your boarding pass and learn whether they survived or perished. You also get to see a growing iceberg and experience for yourself the chill on the water on that fateful night. We say this is one of the top things to do on your next trip to Branson, MO.
- The Butterfly Palace and Rainforest – You don’t have to be a nature lover to enjoy visiting the Butterfly Palace and Rainforest. You can enjoy meandering the twisting paths of the butterfly aviary seeing and experience live butterflies from around the world, while you child can indulge in more active pursuits with a furnished microscope that allows them to get up close and personal with some of these winged beauties. After seeing all of the butterflies in their glory and taking pictures of these beautiful creatures you can move on to the Rainforest science center where you can view many rainforest inhabitants such a giant cockroaches, colorful but poisonous tree frogs and more. Then go off on your own adventure through the mirror maze or the work your way through the Banyan Tree Adventure is one among many things to do here before stopping for a bit of shopping at the gift shop.
- Events & Festivals Galore – No place like celebrating more than Branson, MO. And there are numerous festivals held throughout the year that you can take part in like the Super Summer Cruise, Ozark Fall Farm Festival, the Doggie Swim and the Country Music Festival just to name a few.
With so much to see and do Branson is a great place for your next family vacation!